2008 Ph.D. in applied mathematics at the Me.Mo.Mat.department, "La Sapienza" University of Rome, Italy.
2003 Master in Physics at "La Sapienza" University of Rome, Italy. Degree: 110/110 Cum Laude.
From 12/2017: Research Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen, P.R. China.
09/2016-08/2017: Senior Lecturer at the Department of Mathematics, Physics and Electrical Engineering, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
10/2015-12/2015: Visiting Researcher at IIM, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, A. P. 70-360, 04510 Mexico DF, Mexico.
08/2014-09/2015: Postdoc at the Physics Department, CCEN, Universidade Federal da Paraba, Cidade Universitaria, 58051-970 Joao Pessoa, PB, Brazil.
06/2012-06/2014: Marie Curie Fellow of the Istituto Nazionale di Alta Matematica Francesco Severi at Dipartimento SBAI, Sezione di Matematica, Sapienza Universita di Roma, Rome, Italy.
10/2011-06/2012: Postdoc at the School of Physics of UIS-Universidad Industrial de Santander, Bucaramanga, Colombia
03/2008-02/2011: Postdoc at the Physics Institute of UNAM University in Mexico City, Mexico.
theoretical physics, general relativity, quantum gravity, quantum fields, mathematical physics, Bose-Einstein’s condensates.
2015 Micro One World Grant assigned by the Marie Curie Alumni Association.
2012 "INdAM Fellowships in Mathematics and/or Applications for experienced researchers cofunded by Marie Curie actions" assigned by IndAM.
2008 Fellowship "Borsa di Studio di Perfezionamento all'Estero" assigned by La Sapienza University of Rome.
1. F. Briscese, Collective behavior of light in vacuum, Phys. Rev. A 97 (March 2, 2018) 033803.
2. F. Briscese, F. Calogero, Isochronous solutions of Einstein's equations ant their Newtonian limit, Int. J. Geom. Meth. Mod. Phys. 15 (March 1, 2018) 1850101.
3. F. Briscese, Light polarization oscillations induced by photon-photon scattering, Phys. Rev. A 96 (November 1, 2017) 053801.
4. F. Briscese, The Schrodinger-Poisson equations as the large-N limit of the Newtonian N-body system: applications to the large scale dark matter dynamics, Eur. Phys. J. C (September 7, 2017) 77:623.
5. F. Briscese, P. M. Santini, On the occurrence of gauge-dependent secularities in nonlinear gravitational waves, Class. and Quant. Grav. 34 (2017) 144001.
6. F. Briscese, M. L. Pucheu, Palatini formulation of on-local gravity, Int. J. of Geom. Meth. in Mod. Phys. 14 (2017) 1750019, DOI: 10.1142/S0219887817500190.
7. F. Briscese, E. R. Bezerra de Mello, A. Yu. Petrov, V.B. Bezerra, One-loop e_ective potential in nonlocal scalar field models, Phys. Rev. D 92, 104026 (10 November 2015). DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.92.104026.
8. E. Castellanos, F. Briscese, M. Grether, M. de Llano. Weakly interacting Bose-Einstein condensates in temperature-dependent generic traps, JETP Letters 101, Issue 8 (25 April 2015), pp. 631-636, DOI: 10.7868/S0370274X15080123.
9. F. Briscese, S. Sergeenkov, M. Grether, M. de Llano. Origin of nonlinear contribution to the shift of the critical temperature in atomic Bose-Einstein condensates, JETP Letters 101, Issue 6 (25 March2015), pp. 410-413, DOI: 10.1134/S0021364015060119.
10. F. Briscese, F. Calogero. Isochronous Spacetimes. Acta App. Math. 137, Issue 1, pp 3-16 (June 2015), DOI: 10.1007/s10440-014-9988-7.
11. F. Briscese, F. Calogero. Isochronous Cosmologies. Int. J. Geom. Meth. Mod. Phys. 11 (29 April 2014) 06, 1450054, DOI: 10.1142/S0219887814500546.
12. F. Briscese, L. Modesto, S. Tsujikawa. Super-renormalizable or finite completion of the Starobinsky theory, Physical Review D 89, 024029 (27 January 2014), DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.89.024029.
13. F. Briscese. Interaction effects on atomic laboratory trapped Bose-Einstein condensates. Euro Physics Journal B 86: 343, (1 August 2013), DOI: 10.1140/epjb/e2013-40551-y.
14. F. Briscese, A. Marciano, L. Modesto, E.N. Saridakis. Inflation in Super-renormalizable Gravity. Physical Review D 87, Issue 8, 083507, (5 April2013), DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.87.083507.
15. F. Briscese. Trapped Bose-Einstein condensates with Planck-scale induced deformation o f the energy-momentum dispersion relation. Physics Letters B 718, Issue 1, Pages 214-217,(15 November 2012), DOI: 10.1016/j.physletb.2012.10.022.
16. F. Briscese, M. Grether, M. de Llano, George A. Baker Jr. Study of stability of relativistic ideal Bose-Einstein condensates. Physics Letters A 376, Issue 45, Pages 2911-2916, (1 October 2012), DOI: 10.1016/j.physleta.2012.08.036.
17. F. Briscese, Y. Rodriguez, G.A. Gonzalez, On the True Nature of Renormalizability in Horava-Lifshitz Gravity. Foundations of Physics 42, Issue 11, Pages 1444-1451, (1 November 2012), DOI: 10.1007/s10701-012-9677-1.
18. F. Briscese, M. Grether, M. de Llano, Planck-scale effects on Bose-Einstein condensates. Euro Physics Letters 98, 60001, (20 June 2012), DOI: 10.1209/0295-5075/98/60001.
19. F. Briscese. Viability of complex self-interacting scalar field as dark matter, Physics Letters B 696, Issue 4, Pages 315-320, (7 February 2011), DOI: 10.1016/j.physletb.2010.12.064.
20. G. Amelino-Camelia, F. Briscese, G. Gubitosi, A. Marciano, P. Martinetti, and F. Mercati, Twisted Hopf symmetries of canonical non-commutative spacetimes and the no-pure-boost principle. Physical Review D 78, 025005, (07 July 2008), DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.78.025005.
21. F. Briscese and E. Elizalde, Black hole entropy in modified-gravity models. Physical Review D 77, 044009, (07 February 2008), DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.77.044009.
22. F. Briscese, E. Elizalde, S. Nojiri, and S. D. Odintsov, Phantom scalar dark energy as modified gravity: understanding the origin of the Big Rip singularity. Physics Letters B 646, Pages 105-111, (08 March 2007), DOI: 10.1016/j.physletb.2007.01.013.